Acknowledgements for the Second Edition
The second edition was prepared by a specialist committee appointed by the JCCD.
The committee comprised:
- The Hon Justice Melissa Perry, Federal Court of Australia (Chair)
- The Hon Judge Jane Culver, District Court of New South Wales
- Professor Sandra Hale, Professor of Interpreting and Translation, UNSW Australia
- The Hon Justice Judith Kelly, Supreme Court of the Northern Territory
- The Hon Justice François Kunc, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Mr Mark Painting, Chief Executive Officer, National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI)
- Ms Magdalena Rowan, Senior Lecturer, Foundation Skills, Interpreting and Translating, TAFE SA
- The Hon Judge Rauf Soulio, District Court of South Australia
- Mr Reynah Tang, Member and Deputy Head of Practice List, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- Professor Anne Wallace, La Trobe University
- Ms Carla Wilshire, Chief Executive Officer, Migration Council Australia
To inform the second edition, the Recommended National Standards were reviewed by Courts, Tribunals and Interpreter bodies across Australia.
The committee expresses its gratitude to:
- The Migration Council of Australia for its instrumental support for and involvement in the preparation of this document, especially Ms Carla Wilshire (CEO), Ms Veronica Finn (Senior Manager), Ms Daisy Kolt (Manager), Ms Luisa Martinez (Senior Policy Officer) and Ms Annie Willox (Junior Policy and Project Officer).
- Ms Sonya Campbell (Associate to the Hon Justice Perry, Federal Court of Australia) and Ms Kassandra Girolamo (Associate to for the Hon Chief Judge Evans, District Court of South Australia) for their work on the Legal Appendix.
- All those who participated in the review of the Standards for their considered and thoughtful feedback.